Wednesday, May 23, 2012

THE introduction

Hi.

My name is Danna and in my free time I research nutrition. I am a bit of a nut... and a health nut. I have a no bullshit approach to living a healthy lifestyle. I wasn't always like this. '

In 2009 my son was born. It was then that I started to realize how important our family's health was. Fast forward another year, my husband was deployed, and I had lost control. Stressed, busy, depressed, and eating the Standard American diet, I became sick. I was under 100 pounds, suffering from allergies, colds, nausea, vomiting, hair loss, and the like. Knowing something had to be done, my mother dragged me to the doctor. After many tests we discovered gluten, dairy, stress, and many other factors played into my health. I decided it was time to take my life in my hands. After all, we are the creators of our own realities, right?

And so the research began. I now eat primarily gluten free. 100% vegetarian and about 85% vegan. I eat and drink my veggies. I love my spirulina. I work out regularly. I meditate. I work full time. But these things don't define me. I am happy, alive, thriving, loving, helping others, a mother and a wife. Those things define me.

But, you are what you eat! And eating well absolutely effects every single part of your body. Changing your diet impacts your skin, hair, body weight, diseases, sicknesses, ailments, feelings, thoughts, moods, organs, blood flow, and so much MORE!  I want to open people's eyes to this. Educate others; nudge them to make healthy choices. All the while learning new things myself. We can all live better, healthier, fuller lives.

It's not too late, start today! 

Meet me & Z!



xoxo
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment